Friday, April 1, 2011

VICTORY!

According to what my interviewer told me two days prior to the submission of my complete application, I snagged one of the six spots that were left in Belgium! I just received the email today informing me that I will be spending the 2011-2012 school year eating chocolate, drinking beer, and learning French. Excitement does not accurately describe what I was feeling when my mom texted me at school to let me know that I had been accepted. THANK YOU AFS for this opportunity. If anyone is in same boat as me (going to Belgium), or quite literally on the same plane as me for departure in August, I'd love to get in touch with you! If you run across my blog, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment. I can't wait to meet all of you! I'll be back with updates as they come. I have a feeling the wait to find out my host family will be much more painful then the one I have just overcome.

3 comments:

  1. Heyy! I'm going to Belgium next year with Rotary International (but I'm going to Flanders, not Wallonia). Hit me up on fb sometime (Kelsey Lysford).

    I can't wait for your updates (both before and during the exchange)! It'll be nice seeing someone going through the same thing I am. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have another friend who's going to Spain through Rotary! That's awesome.
    I'll love to hear more about wherever you are in Flanders when the time comes. When are you supposed to be leaving?
    Likewise! It's amazing how many connections you can make over a blogging service. We can bond over our experience with beer and chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea when I'm leaving; they've said late July - August. :/ Do you know what day you're leaving?

    ReplyDelete